Monday, December 16, 2013

Memorizing Psalm 34

I joined up with Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Team again this year and I loved it (again).  I just completed working on all of Psalm 34.  I chose it because of all the times God speaks of rescuing us.
And as I worked on the verses, I was particularly struck by this one too: "I will boast only in the Lord.  Let all who are discouraged take heart." Wow. I've found that to be so true. God sees to it....often!...that I'm at the end of myself, so I can only boast in what He does thru me. That's not the easiest way to live, but it is the best way.
I am really appreciating memorizing from Psalms.  There is so much truth, beauty and comfort found there. I quote Psalm 139, which I memorized with this team two years ago (that video is here), all the time--especially when I'm trying to fall asleep.  I quite honestly expected memorizing to be a chore, but it's grown into an unbelievable blessing in my life. I wrote a bit about that journey in my most recent article in Heart Magazine (and included my memorization techniques as well.)  If you'd like to read that you can find it on page 15-17 at this link: http://heartmagazineonline.com/?page_id=2

Alright, on with the show! Psalm 34:

No comments:

Post a Comment